Saturday, July 23, 2005

05-07-23 Dobova (Slovenja)



I don’t know if you remember but once, when I was in Prague, I talked about a girl that I met in a Club called Futurum. It was at the beginning of the fall semester. Since that time we were in touch from time to time, sending emails. When I decided to make this trip I contacted her to see if I could visit her. It turn out that, she was very happy and so it was decided. So now we are at her parent place near the Slovenian border, her father has a bar close to the border city and my friend is often working there. But her, she is studying in the capital Ljubljana where she has an apartment with her sister. So we arrived and left our luggage in our room and then we left to visit a little bit around her town, Dobova. We went to a castle where the history of the region was told. We then went to see some of her friend in a café. We also had a lunch with her parents and grandparent at her house, they made for us traditional food. It was amazingly good and since their grandparents weren’t speaking English we had to use our imagination to communicate with them. We also pass one day at the pool, where we enjoyed the sun and conversation with their friends. The next day me and Max decided to go see Zagreb the capital of Croatia, it is quite close and then we came back to Dobova before leaving the next day for the capital, Ljubljana, and to stay at her apartment.

No comments: